Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Challee is a practicing psychologist with 20 years experience assisting adults, children, couples and families. She is the founder of the CBO Psychology practice and the managing director of Capacity Consulting, an organisational psychology consultancy.
Challee has a passion for helping people gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to address the challenges in their lives. She enjoys working collaboratively with her clients to identify areas for change and develop therapeutic action plans to achieve clients’ goals. She has a special interest in clients affected by traumatic experiences, either in the form of childhood adversity or abuse, or as a result of impactful events at any stage of the lifespan. She also loves working with couples to help them to enrich their relationships and function as a healthy unit. She has a specialty in working with people who are adversely affected by issues in the workplace and is registered with WorkCover Queensland as a provider of psychological services for injured workers.
Challee completed her education and training in psychology in Queensland with degrees obtained at the University of Queensland, the University of Southern Queensland, and Griffith University. She is a member of the Australian Psychological Society and the Australian Association of Cognitive Behaviour Therapists. She is an active member of the community and has served on a range of community organisation Boards. She is presently the Chair of the Greater Beaudesert Region Mental Health Network.
Challee is skilled in a range of therapies including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Rational Emotive Therapy (RET)
- Trauma-Focussed Exposure Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Therapy
- Behavioural Parent Training and Triple-P Parenting Program
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Bio-psycho-social approach to mental health
- Cross-cultural and Indigenous Psychology
- Interpersonal counselling and problem solving techniques
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
“My approach to therapy involves working collaboratively with the client and their referring practitioner to develop an individual treatment plan targeting the identified therapy goals. I enjoy helping clients to work on their issues in a focussed and strategic fashion ensuring that the recommended client activities are well designed and selected to optimize successful outcomes.”
- Working with people who have experienced adversity in childhood including childhood abuse.
- Assisting children and adults who experience difficulties due to anxiety and/or depression.
- Helping couples and families to enjoy healthy, satisfying relationships.
- Working with people who are experiencing difficulties in the workplace.
1. Bachelor of Science
2. Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – Class 1
3. Doctor of Philosophy – Clinical Psychology (thesis not submitted)
1. Deans Commendation for Outstanding Achievement – University of Southern Queensland 1996.
2. PHD Academic Scholarship – University of Queensland 1997.
• Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA): General registration
• Member Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
• Member Australian Association of Cognitive Behavioural Therapists (AACBT)
• Member Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)